Monday, April 26, 2010



I've heard many stories of Malaysian taxi drivers and their hustle-y way of tricking tourists and people they think who wouldn't know the difference.


So today, I've had my first encounter.


I get a cab and the first thing he says to me after I tell him the destination was,
Cab driver: Usually, how much do you pay to get there?
Me: 15.
Cab driver: Oh yes ah? If you take a cab from pyramid, it'll be 17 ringgit you know.
Me: It's 16.80 to be exact.
Cab driver: Whatever la. Same thing.
Me: (EXCUUUUUUUSE ME?)
Cab driver: So, (insertwhereilivehere) right? Where? Tricourt?
Me: No, it's not. It's infront of (insertpopularsundrystorehere). I live in (insertapartmentunithere)
Cab driver: YA LAAAAAAAA. Correct laaa, what I said. Same road as the pasar malam laaaaaaaaaa.
Me: (decided not to argue and shut up. if he thinks it IS, so be it. was gonna prove him wrong anyway. idiot, i've been living here for 16 years, i THINK i'd know my neighbourhood by now)


In the middle of the journey, he nearly makes a wrong turn. and I realised the meter wasn't there.
Cab driver: You live in 1A right?
Me: NO! I live in (insertapartmentunitthere).
Cab driver: Oh, I thought you said 1A.
Me: (asss. of course you did.)


We finally get there.
and he stops the cab. pauses and says
Cab driver: 25 ringgit.
Me: 25??????? You didn't say that earlier! And you don't even have a meter!
Cab driver: Oh, Sunway cabs don't use meters.


AS IF MOTHERFUCKER. I wasn't born yesterday.
Me: I always pay 15, and the most is 17.
Cab driver: I drove all the way from Sunway College. It's very far. From Pyramid its already 17, from college it should be more expensive!


Urm, excuse me IDIOT. But the cabs in Pyramid use the ticket system which means they go through an Agency first. You go to the cab ticketting agency booth and get the ticket. So duh, its gonna cost extra. It doesn't mean that the COST is more.


Cab driver: I cannot give you 15.
Me: (signature death stare. i was fucking fuming)
Cab driver: But I can give you for 22.
Me: I've never paid 25. I've never paid 22. The furthest I've gone was 17.
Cab driver: Ok la ok la. 20 la.


I pay the cab driver.
He says "thank you".
And I reply with a "fuck you"
And I slam the door to that ugly piece of shit's face.

No comments: